Three NIT students drown in Kharkhai river
Jamshedpur (Jharkhand): Three final year
students of National Institute of Technology (NIT) were on Wednesday
drowned in the Kharkhai river in Adityapur in
Sarikela-Kharsawan district, police said.
P Aditya Vardhan, Prasun Anand and Sudhir Kumar were
walking close the river bank when one of them slipped and the
other two tried to rescue their friend when all were drowned,
the sources said.
Vardhan hailed from Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh while
Anand and Kumar belonged to Bokaro in the state, NIT spokesman
Malay Niraj said, adding they were students of final year.
All of them had been selected by reputed firms during
campus selections recently, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured