Three NIT students drown in Kharkhai river
Jamshedpur (Jharkhand): Three final year
students of National Institute of Technology (NIT) were on Wednesday
drowned in the Kharkhai river in Adityapur in
Sarikela-Kharsawan district, police said.
P Aditya Vardhan, Prasun Anand and Sudhir Kumar were
walking close the river bank when one of them slipped and the
other two tried to rescue their friend when all were drowned,
the sources said.
Vardhan hailed from Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh while
Anand and Kumar belonged to Bokaro in the state, NIT spokesman
Malay Niraj said, adding they were students of final year.
All of them had been selected by reputed firms during
campus selections recently, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog