Three security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): Three security
personnel were injured in an encounter with CPI-Maoists in
West Singhbhum district on Saturday.
A joint security team comprising the state police and
CRPF were combing the Maoist stronghold of Saranda forest when
the ultras attacked them near Mamai, Zonal Inspector General
of Police, Rezi Dung Dung, said.
The Maoists attacked the security personnel by firing
from the hilltop, the IGP said, adding that three personnel
sustained injuries when the ultras hurled hand grenades from
While one of the security personnel was seriously
injured, two others suffered splinter injuries, Dung Dung
All the three injured have been shifted to a hospital
West Singhbhum SP Akhilesh Kumar Jha and other senior
CRPF officers were camping there, the IGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred