Three security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): Three security
personnel were injured in an encounter with CPI-Maoists in
West Singhbhum district on Saturday.
A joint security team comprising the state police and
CRPF were combing the Maoist stronghold of Saranda forest when
the ultras attacked them near Mamai, Zonal Inspector General
of Police, Rezi Dung Dung, said.
The Maoists attacked the security personnel by firing
from the hilltop, the IGP said, adding that three personnel
sustained injuries when the ultras hurled hand grenades from
While one of the security personnel was seriously
injured, two others suffered splinter injuries, Dung Dung
All the three injured have been shifted to a hospital
West Singhbhum SP Akhilesh Kumar Jha and other senior
CRPF officers were camping there, the IGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!