Three security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): Three security
personnel were injured in an encounter with CPI-Maoists in
West Singhbhum district on Saturday.
A joint security team comprising the state police and
CRPF were combing the Maoist stronghold of Saranda forest when
the ultras attacked them near Mamai, Zonal Inspector General
of Police, Rezi Dung Dung, said.
The Maoists attacked the security personnel by firing
from the hilltop, the IGP said, adding that three personnel
sustained injuries when the ultras hurled hand grenades from
While one of the security personnel was seriously
injured, two others suffered splinter injuries, Dung Dung
All the three injured have been shifted to a hospital
West Singhbhum SP Akhilesh Kumar Jha and other senior
CRPF officers were camping there, the IGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate