Three women killed in Jharkhand mine blast
Ranchi: Three women were killed in a blast that occurred as a small hill was being mined for stone in Jharkhand`s Pakur district on Thursday, police said.
There were other labourers too at the site at the time of the incident. Some of the others were buried for a while under rubble following the blast.
The incident took place near Arjundaha village of Pakur district, around 500 km from state capital Ranchi.
Police are searching for the owner of the mine, and say the mining was taking place illegally.
Police sources said more than 150 stone mines are operating illegally in Pakur. Stone extracted from here is supplied to stone crushers for making chips used in building construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders