Three women killed in Jharkhand mine blast
Ranchi: Three women were killed in a blast that occurred as a small hill was being mined for stone in Jharkhand`s Pakur district on Thursday, police said.
There were other labourers too at the site at the time of the incident. Some of the others were buried for a while under rubble following the blast.
The incident took place near Arjundaha village of Pakur district, around 500 km from state capital Ranchi.
Police are searching for the owner of the mine, and say the mining was taking place illegally.
Police sources said more than 150 stone mines are operating illegally in Pakur. Stone extracted from here is supplied to stone crushers for making chips used in building construction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living