Time for action against Maoists: Jharkhand leaders
Ranchi: The Maoist threat should be taken with utmost seriousness and the menace should be dealt with in every possible way, political leaders in Jharkhand opined on Sunday.
"Appeals for a dialogue with them (Maoists) has passed away. Now it`s time for action," Congress leader P N Singh said while condemning the attack on the Congress convoy in neighbouring Chhattisgarh, killing 27 persons.
"Mahendra Karma was a close friend of mine ... Their (Maoists) cruelty reflected in the gruesome murder of Karma and others," Singh said.
Independent MP and former Jharkhand Assembly speaker Inder Singh Namdhari said, "We can`t deny that somewhere the political system in the country has missed its attention in some areas where development has not yet reached, giving the Maoists to exploit the people there."
Strongly pitching for punishment against Maoists for such daring actions, Namdhari said `just imagine` five or 10 security personnel guarding a leader and facing thousand of Maoists in yesterday`s incident."
"How can common representatives face the threat to their lives...There should be a basic change in the political system, like creating a new political environment to address all plaguing problems," said Namdhari, who himself survived a Maoist attempt on his life in December, 2011 in Latehar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India