Time for action against Maoists: Jharkhand leaders
Ranchi: The Maoist threat should be taken with utmost seriousness and the menace should be dealt with in every possible way, political leaders in Jharkhand opined on Sunday.
"Appeals for a dialogue with them (Maoists) has passed away. Now it`s time for action," Congress leader P N Singh said while condemning the attack on the Congress convoy in neighbouring Chhattisgarh, killing 27 persons.
"Mahendra Karma was a close friend of mine ... Their (Maoists) cruelty reflected in the gruesome murder of Karma and others," Singh said.
Independent MP and former Jharkhand Assembly speaker Inder Singh Namdhari said, "We can`t deny that somewhere the political system in the country has missed its attention in some areas where development has not yet reached, giving the Maoists to exploit the people there."
Strongly pitching for punishment against Maoists for such daring actions, Namdhari said `just imagine` five or 10 security personnel guarding a leader and facing thousand of Maoists in yesterday`s incident."
"How can common representatives face the threat to their lives...There should be a basic change in the political system, like creating a new political environment to address all plaguing problems," said Namdhari, who himself survived a Maoist attempt on his life in December, 2011 in Latehar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love