Time for action against Maoists: Jharkhand leaders
Ranchi: The Maoist threat should be taken with utmost seriousness and the menace should be dealt with in every possible way, political leaders in Jharkhand opined on Sunday.
"Appeals for a dialogue with them (Maoists) has passed away. Now it`s time for action," Congress leader P N Singh said while condemning the attack on the Congress convoy in neighbouring Chhattisgarh, killing 27 persons.
"Mahendra Karma was a close friend of mine ... Their (Maoists) cruelty reflected in the gruesome murder of Karma and others," Singh said.
Independent MP and former Jharkhand Assembly speaker Inder Singh Namdhari said, "We can`t deny that somewhere the political system in the country has missed its attention in some areas where development has not yet reached, giving the Maoists to exploit the people there."
Strongly pitching for punishment against Maoists for such daring actions, Namdhari said `just imagine` five or 10 security personnel guarding a leader and facing thousand of Maoists in yesterday`s incident."
"How can common representatives face the threat to their lives...There should be a basic change in the political system, like creating a new political environment to address all plaguing problems," said Namdhari, who himself survived a Maoist attempt on his life in December, 2011 in Latehar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!