Tirkey accuses BJP of `spoiling` Jharkhand MLA
Ranchi: Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey on Saturday accused BJP of "spoiling" Jharkhand Party legislator Enos Ekka by taking him to Jaipur soon after the 2005 polls in the background of government formation by the saffron party.
"I also won that elections, and got a phone call. Had I listened to it I would have also gone to Jaipur," Tirkey said while speaking against a cut motion on the government?s supplementary budget.
"Who spoiled Enos Ekka, a poor MLA? He was flown by a helicopter to (Rajasthan capital) Jaipur and had been checked in a resort," Tirkey said in the state assembly as he lashed out at the BJP, saying the people should know about it.
Intervening in the matter, senior BJP leader and former Speaker C P Singh sought to remind Tirkey that he was also in a resort in Kerala around that time.
"No, I was in Delhi," Tirkey, who was a minister in the 9-day Shibu Soren government in March, 2005 before Arjun Munda took over the reins, replied.
Throwing his weight behind former chief minister Madhu Koda, now in judicial custody, Tirkey said everyone was accusing him of loot, but no one had ever said how Koda had been instrumental in laying the bulwark for panchayat elections, which held after 32 years.
"If you say bad things, you should also say good things of him," Tirkey said, referring to a book published against the Koda regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says