Tirkey accuses BJP of `spoiling` Jharkhand MLA
Ranchi: Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey on Saturday accused BJP of "spoiling" Jharkhand Party legislator Enos Ekka by taking him to Jaipur soon after the 2005 polls in the background of government formation by the saffron party.
"I also won that elections, and got a phone call. Had I listened to it I would have also gone to Jaipur," Tirkey said while speaking against a cut motion on the government?s supplementary budget.
"Who spoiled Enos Ekka, a poor MLA? He was flown by a helicopter to (Rajasthan capital) Jaipur and had been checked in a resort," Tirkey said in the state assembly as he lashed out at the BJP, saying the people should know about it.
Intervening in the matter, senior BJP leader and former Speaker C P Singh sought to remind Tirkey that he was also in a resort in Kerala around that time.
"No, I was in Delhi," Tirkey, who was a minister in the 9-day Shibu Soren government in March, 2005 before Arjun Munda took over the reins, replied.
Throwing his weight behind former chief minister Madhu Koda, now in judicial custody, Tirkey said everyone was accusing him of loot, but no one had ever said how Koda had been instrumental in laying the bulwark for panchayat elections, which held after 32 years.
"If you say bad things, you should also say good things of him," Tirkey said, referring to a book published against the Koda regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery