Tirkey accuses BJP of `spoiling` Jharkhand MLA
Ranchi: Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey on Saturday accused BJP of "spoiling" Jharkhand Party legislator Enos Ekka by taking him to Jaipur soon after the 2005 polls in the background of government formation by the saffron party.
"I also won that elections, and got a phone call. Had I listened to it I would have also gone to Jaipur," Tirkey said while speaking against a cut motion on the government?s supplementary budget.
"Who spoiled Enos Ekka, a poor MLA? He was flown by a helicopter to (Rajasthan capital) Jaipur and had been checked in a resort," Tirkey said in the state assembly as he lashed out at the BJP, saying the people should know about it.
Intervening in the matter, senior BJP leader and former Speaker C P Singh sought to remind Tirkey that he was also in a resort in Kerala around that time.
"No, I was in Delhi," Tirkey, who was a minister in the 9-day Shibu Soren government in March, 2005 before Arjun Munda took over the reins, replied.
Throwing his weight behind former chief minister Madhu Koda, now in judicial custody, Tirkey said everyone was accusing him of loot, but no one had ever said how Koda had been instrumental in laying the bulwark for panchayat elections, which held after 32 years.
"If you say bad things, you should also say good things of him," Tirkey said, referring to a book published against the Koda regime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged