Top Maoist leader arrested in Palamau
Medininagar: Para-military forces on Tuesday apprehended a 23-year-old "sub-zonal commander" of CPI (Maoist) when he came to meet his family at Madhya village of Palamau district, police said.
"The security forces surrounded his house at 2 am and arrested him after getting information that Maoist Prabhu Yadav has taken leave from the Maoist`s firing squad to meet his wife and two children," CRPF Commandant Anil Minz and SP Palamau Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
Yadav guided the police to two places under Manatu police station where the security forces found a five kg IED, seven gelatin sticks, 25 detonators and a 100-mt wire, they said.
A country-made pistol and Maoist literature was seized from the rebel, they said and added the rebel was allegedly involved in murder, kidnapping and encounters with the police.
"Yadav had killed three persons of rival extremist factions this year - two members of the Jharkhand Liberation Tigers on April 16 and one Jharkhand Prastuti Committee member on May 22," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS