Top Maoist leader arrested in Palamau
Medininagar: Para-military forces on Tuesday apprehended a 23-year-old "sub-zonal commander" of CPI (Maoist) when he came to meet his family at Madhya village of Palamau district, police said.
"The security forces surrounded his house at 2 am and arrested him after getting information that Maoist Prabhu Yadav has taken leave from the Maoist`s firing squad to meet his wife and two children," CRPF Commandant Anil Minz and SP Palamau Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
Yadav guided the police to two places under Manatu police station where the security forces found a five kg IED, seven gelatin sticks, 25 detonators and a 100-mt wire, they said.
A country-made pistol and Maoist literature was seized from the rebel, they said and added the rebel was allegedly involved in murder, kidnapping and encounters with the police.
"Yadav had killed three persons of rival extremist factions this year - two members of the Jharkhand Liberation Tigers on April 16 and one Jharkhand Prastuti Committee member on May 22," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details