Top Maoist leader arrested in Palamau
Medininagar: Para-military forces on Tuesday apprehended a 23-year-old "sub-zonal commander" of CPI (Maoist) when he came to meet his family at Madhya village of Palamau district, police said.
"The security forces surrounded his house at 2 am and arrested him after getting information that Maoist Prabhu Yadav has taken leave from the Maoist`s firing squad to meet his wife and two children," CRPF Commandant Anil Minz and SP Palamau Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
Yadav guided the police to two places under Manatu police station where the security forces found a five kg IED, seven gelatin sticks, 25 detonators and a 100-mt wire, they said.
A country-made pistol and Maoist literature was seized from the rebel, they said and added the rebel was allegedly involved in murder, kidnapping and encounters with the police.
"Yadav had killed three persons of rival extremist factions this year - two members of the Jharkhand Liberation Tigers on April 16 and one Jharkhand Prastuti Committee member on May 22," they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?