Top Naxalites arrested in last six months
Ranchi: As many as 17 top Naxal leaders have been arrested so far this year following continued strengthening of the vigilance network and operations.
The arrested hardcore Naxalites were in the rank of self-styled area commanders or above of different outfits, including CPI(Maoist) and People’s Liberation Front of India, according to figures released by the police headquarters here on Friday.
The security forces also arrested 277 Naxalites of different groups till May 31 this year, it said.
As part of the strategy, a policy decision has been taken to route all newly-appointed trainees through Special Task Force (STF) to make all new entrants to the police service operationally effective `right from the beginning`, the release said here.
At least 40 Deputy Superintendents of police have finished training at the Police Training College (PTC), Hazaribagh, and undergone a stint with the STF and each of them posted in operationally critical sub-divisions, the release said.
Mentioning that another 63 Deputy Superintendents of Police have been appointed and are now under training at the PTC, the release said adding Jharkhand has created a training capacity for 4000 trainees.
In another major decision, 52 Sergeants have been recruited and sent for training with CRPF in Odisha’s Koraput.
In all, 758 jawans were trained in counter-insurgency, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets