Top Reliance Power official shot dead in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two unidentified assailants on Wednesday fired at and killed a deputy general manager of Reliance Power and injured the company`s vice president in Jharkhand`s Chatra district, police said.
"Manoj Ojha, deputy general manager of Reliance Power, has been shot dead and the company`s vice president H Buch was injured in the firing," Jharkhand police spokesperson K Mallik, told agency.
The company officials, on a visit to Simeria and Barkakhana blocks for a land survey, were attacked by two men on their return at Birbir village, Malik said.
Ojha and Buch suffered bullet injuries in the firing. Buch was in first vehicle, whose driver managed to speed away from the spot.
Ojha, who was in second vehicle, could not escape as the vehicle skidded off the road, Malik said.
Buch has been admitted to the Apollo hospital in Ranchi.
"The local administration, including the police, were not informed about the visit," said Mallik.
The incident occurred at a time when chief minister Arjun Munda is on a visit to Germany to attract investors to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says