Top Reliance Power official shot dead in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two unidentified assailants on Wednesday fired at and killed a deputy general manager of Reliance Power and injured the company`s vice president in Jharkhand`s Chatra district, police said.
"Manoj Ojha, deputy general manager of Reliance Power, has been shot dead and the company`s vice president H Buch was injured in the firing," Jharkhand police spokesperson K Mallik, told agency.
The company officials, on a visit to Simeria and Barkakhana blocks for a land survey, were attacked by two men on their return at Birbir village, Malik said.
Ojha and Buch suffered bullet injuries in the firing. Buch was in first vehicle, whose driver managed to speed away from the spot.
Ojha, who was in second vehicle, could not escape as the vehicle skidded off the road, Malik said.
Buch has been admitted to the Apollo hospital in Ranchi.
"The local administration, including the police, were not informed about the visit," said Mallik.
The incident occurred at a time when chief minister Arjun Munda is on a visit to Germany to attract investors to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside