Tribal girls` gang-rape: JCC for arrest of all accused
Jamshedpur: Terming as "brutal and inhuman" the rape of four minor tribal students in Jharkhand`s Pakur district, the newly-formed Jharkhand Co-ordination Committee on Tuesday demanded immediate arrest of the culprits and security to adivasi girls.
JCC conveners Salkhan Murmu, also the president of Jharkhand Disom Party, and Surya Singh Besra, also Jharkhand People`s Party chief, demanded that a high-level enquiry committee should be formed to probe the incident and immediate steps be taken to provide security to the tribal students.
"When girls are not safe in hostels, how can we imagine girls moving around on streets?" Murmu asked.
Condemning the "brutal and inhuman" incident, the duo accused the state administration of failing to curb deteriorating law and order situation and demanded "immediate arrest of the culprits".
The incident had taken place on Sunday last, a day after a new government headed by JMM leader Hemant Soren was formed.
The two leaders pointed out law and order situation has deteriorated in the state even during the President`s Rule.
The four girls, belonging to primitive Parhaiya tribe, were abducted by nine men from the hostel of their school, run by a mission, on Sunday. The men took them to a secluded spot nearby where they gang-raped the children.
While eight accused have been arrested, raids are being conducted at various places to nab the ninth culprit.
Murmu said he would also take up the issue with the National Schedule Tribe Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam