Tribal woman, minor killed for practicing `witchcraft`
Jagannathpur: A tribal woman
and her minor daughter were butchered for allegedly practicing witchcraft in Babaria village of West Singhbhum district,
police said Friday.
50-year-old Sumo Kui and her 12-year-old daughter Pali were hacked to death with sharp weapons by their neighbours Suresh Laguri and Birsa Laguri while they were sleeping on the night of August 31.
The victim`s son, who was not at home at the time of
incident, found his mother and sister dead when he returned,
police sources said, adding, the matter was brought to their
A police team has recovered the bodies.
Suresh, who had earlier threatened the woman with dire
consequences after branding her a witch, was arrested whereas
his accomplice is at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'