Tribal woman, minor killed for practicing `witchcraft`
Jagannathpur: A tribal woman
and her minor daughter were butchered for allegedly practicing witchcraft in Babaria village of West Singhbhum district,
police said Friday.
50-year-old Sumo Kui and her 12-year-old daughter Pali were hacked to death with sharp weapons by their neighbours Suresh Laguri and Birsa Laguri while they were sleeping on the night of August 31.
The victim`s son, who was not at home at the time of
incident, found his mother and sister dead when he returned,
police sources said, adding, the matter was brought to their
A police team has recovered the bodies.
Suresh, who had earlier threatened the woman with dire
consequences after branding her a witch, was arrested whereas
his accomplice is at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics