Tribal woman, minor killed for practicing `witchcraft`
Jagannathpur: A tribal woman
and her minor daughter were butchered for allegedly practicing witchcraft in Babaria village of West Singhbhum district,
police said Friday.
50-year-old Sumo Kui and her 12-year-old daughter Pali were hacked to death with sharp weapons by their neighbours Suresh Laguri and Birsa Laguri while they were sleeping on the night of August 31.
The victim`s son, who was not at home at the time of
incident, found his mother and sister dead when he returned,
police sources said, adding, the matter was brought to their
A police team has recovered the bodies.
Suresh, who had earlier threatened the woman with dire
consequences after branding her a witch, was arrested whereas
his accomplice is at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre