Tribal woman, minor killed for practicing `witchcraft`
Jagannathpur: A tribal woman
and her minor daughter were butchered for allegedly practicing witchcraft in Babaria village of West Singhbhum district,
police said Friday.
50-year-old Sumo Kui and her 12-year-old daughter Pali were hacked to death with sharp weapons by their neighbours Suresh Laguri and Birsa Laguri while they were sleeping on the night of August 31.
The victim`s son, who was not at home at the time of
incident, found his mother and sister dead when he returned,
police sources said, adding, the matter was brought to their
A police team has recovered the bodies.
Suresh, who had earlier threatened the woman with dire
consequences after branding her a witch, was arrested whereas
his accomplice is at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you