Tribal woman missing since 3 months from East Singhbhum
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) today threatened to launch agitation if the district administration of East Singhbhum doesn`t act to recover a 40-year-old tribal woman went missing last three months ago.
Ramesh Hansda, president of JMM district unit committee, said Saro Murmu, a widow and mother of a 4-year-old boy, has gone missing from January 6 and a report in this regard was lodged with the police on January 10 after their effort to find out went in vain.
Hansda said Murmu, who was in need of a job for survival after she lost her husband last year, reportedly fell in the trap of some unscrupulous elements from Bihar and taken to Delhi with false assurance of arranging a job there.
Hansda said the family members had even tried to contact the woman over her mobile phone and were assured that Murmu, a resident of Bedadipa under
Bagbeda police station here, was alright in Delhi by the agents, who lured her to Delhi.
When the incident was brought to his notice, JMM leader said he started mounting pressure on the police, which conducted raids in suspected places in Bihar but without success.
However, no follow up action was taken thereafter, he alleged while threatening to launch a massive agitation if the demand was not met soon.
Stating that hundreds of tribal girls had been lured to the metros by such agents on the pretext of providing employment in the past, Hansda said these innocent tribals were leading a miserable life as they were forced to work as domestic help or were pushed in flesh trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof