Tribal woman missing since 3 months from East Singhbhum
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) today threatened to launch agitation if the district administration of East Singhbhum doesn`t act to recover a 40-year-old tribal woman went missing last three months ago.
Ramesh Hansda, president of JMM district unit committee, said Saro Murmu, a widow and mother of a 4-year-old boy, has gone missing from January 6 and a report in this regard was lodged with the police on January 10 after their effort to find out went in vain.
Hansda said Murmu, who was in need of a job for survival after she lost her husband last year, reportedly fell in the trap of some unscrupulous elements from Bihar and taken to Delhi with false assurance of arranging a job there.
Hansda said the family members had even tried to contact the woman over her mobile phone and were assured that Murmu, a resident of Bedadipa under
Bagbeda police station here, was alright in Delhi by the agents, who lured her to Delhi.
When the incident was brought to his notice, JMM leader said he started mounting pressure on the police, which conducted raids in suspected places in Bihar but without success.
However, no follow up action was taken thereafter, he alleged while threatening to launch a massive agitation if the demand was not met soon.
Stating that hundreds of tribal girls had been lured to the metros by such agents on the pretext of providing employment in the past, Hansda said these innocent tribals were leading a miserable life as they were forced to work as domestic help or were pushed in flesh trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers