Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle
Bokaro: Two bank robbers were killed and three others, including a police officer, were injured in a gun battle in this Jharkhand city on Thursday.
"Four criminals barged into the Bank of Baroda in Sector 4. The security guard and others resisted the robbery. The criminals fired gunshots, injuring the security guard and a customer," district Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar told reporters.
"Deputy Superintendent of Police RN Sharma sustained bullet injuries on his arm. Three pistols were recovered from the killed robbers," he said.
The criminals had come on a bike. Two of them escaped when the robbery was foiled.
Two others took shelter in a nearby house in Laxmi Market. When the police asked them to surrender, they retaliated with gunfire and got killed in the gun battle that followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?