Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle
Bokaro: Two bank robbers were killed and three others, including a police officer, were injured in a gun battle in this Jharkhand city on Thursday.
"Four criminals barged into the Bank of Baroda in Sector 4. The security guard and others resisted the robbery. The criminals fired gunshots, injuring the security guard and a customer," district Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar told reporters.
"Deputy Superintendent of Police RN Sharma sustained bullet injuries on his arm. Three pistols were recovered from the killed robbers," he said.
The criminals had come on a bike. Two of them escaped when the robbery was foiled.
Two others took shelter in a nearby house in Laxmi Market. When the police asked them to surrender, they retaliated with gunfire and got killed in the gun battle that followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India