Two cobra jawans, Maoists injured in encounter
Jamshedpur: Two cobra jawans and some Maoists were injured in a fierce encounter between security personnel and Maoists in West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
The encounter took place between Bandu-Pandua villages
on the border with Khunti district and lasted for three hours,
said Superintendent of Police Arun Kumar Singh.
While two cobra jawans including one identified as
Sukhdev Singh sustained injuries in the encounter, some ultras
also got injured.
"We are gathering the details about the injured
Maoists," the SP said adding that both the jawans were out of
A training camp of the ultras was also busted and some
landmines, naxal literatures, uniforms and other articles
seized from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?