Two cobra jawans, Maoists injured in encounter
Jamshedpur: Two cobra jawans and some Maoists were injured in a fierce encounter between security personnel and Maoists in West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
The encounter took place between Bandu-Pandua villages
on the border with Khunti district and lasted for three hours,
said Superintendent of Police Arun Kumar Singh.
While two cobra jawans including one identified as
Sukhdev Singh sustained injuries in the encounter, some ultras
also got injured.
"We are gathering the details about the injured
Maoists," the SP said adding that both the jawans were out of
A training camp of the ultras was also busted and some
landmines, naxal literatures, uniforms and other articles
seized from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'