Two constables killed in Jharkhand Maoist attack
Ranchi: Two constables were killed
and two more policemen injured when Maoists exploded a bomb at
Dhardhariya village in Jharkhand`s Lohardaga district, police
The rebels exploded the bomb when police were on
long-range patrolling, killing the two constables.
Soon after the attack, a gunfight broke out between
the Maoists and the security forces in the area under Sena
police station, officials said.
In another incident, CRPF personnel and the Maoists
exchanged gunfire at the extremist-affected Jhumra hills of
The firefight was still going, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?