Two CRPF men killed, 5 injured in Maoist ambush
Ranchi: Two CRPF personnel were killed and five injured in a gun battle with Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand on Monday, police said.
The CRPF personnel were attacked in the Porahahatt jungle in Rania in Khuti district, around 70 km from state capital Ranchi, they said.
The personnel were sent to the jungle early in the morning based on intelligence inputs.
The guerrillas ambushed the personnel and a gun battle ensued. In battle, two CRPF personnel were killed and five were injured.
Initial reports said that the two personnel were killed in a cross-fire of CRPF parties.
However, CRPF officials and Jharkhand Director General of Police GS Rath denied any cross-firing.
But Rath said the Ranchi deputy inspector general of police would probe the incident and file the report.
Maoists are active in 18 of the state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?