Two ex-MLAs sentenced to jail in fodder scam
Ranchi: Two former legislators - RK Rana and Dhruv Bhagat – were on Monday sentenced to five years imprisonment by a special CBI court here in the fodder scam case.
Two former officials - Om Prakash Diwakar and Ajit Kumar Sinha - of Animal Husbandry department were also sentenced to six years imprisonment in the same case.
Six other treasury department officials and one fodder supplier were also sentenced to jail terms by the special CBI court in this case.
The court of special CBI judge Sitaram Prasad had convicted them on May 31. It imposed a fine of Rs 2 lakh on each of Rana, Bhagat, Diwakar and Sinha and on default they should undergo a further three months imprisonment.
Bhagat was a BJP MLA and the then chairman of Public Accounts Committee of undivided Bihar during RJD regime and Rana was an MLA of RJD and went on to become an RJD MP from Bihar.
The two ex-officials are former Regional Director (Animal Husbandry Department) Om Prakash Diwakar and ex-Mobile Veterinary officer Ajit Kumar Sinha.
The treasury department officials who were sentenced include Rakesh Kumar Sinha (ex-treasury officer), BB Prasad (ex-accountant) and Rajesh Kumar Sinha (fodder supplier). They were also sentenced to five years imprisonment.
Other officials Balkrishna Dubey (ex-treasury accountant), Bhanu K Dubey (ex-treasury-assistant) and Naresh Prasad Sinha (fodder supplier) were given four years jail terms.
The case, RC33A/96, was registered in connection with fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37 lakh from Godda treasury between November 1995 and January 1996 against a budget of only Rs one lakh for that fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India