Two killed by goods train
Medininagar: A man and his nephew were killed when a goods train ran over them near Rajhara station in Palamau district under Dhanbad division of East Central Railway on Monday, Government Railway Police sources said.
The victims Gorakh Bhuiyan and his nephew alongwith others were returning to Mahuachand village in Bisrampur block after attending an engagement ceremony in Pataria village in Patan block of the district.
They were waiting for a train when the duo got down on the track and tried to stop Barwadih to Dehri-on-Sone shuttle train, GRP sources said, adding that the duo came close to the other track where a running goods run over them.
The bodies have been recovered and sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death