Two killed by goods train
Medininagar: A man and his nephew were killed when a goods train ran over them near Rajhara station in Palamau district under Dhanbad division of East Central Railway on Monday, Government Railway Police sources said.
The victims Gorakh Bhuiyan and his nephew alongwith others were returning to Mahuachand village in Bisrampur block after attending an engagement ceremony in Pataria village in Patan block of the district.
They were waiting for a train when the duo got down on the track and tried to stop Barwadih to Dehri-on-Sone shuttle train, GRP sources said, adding that the duo came close to the other track where a running goods run over them.
The bodies have been recovered and sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner