Two killed by goods train
Medininagar: A man and his nephew were killed when a goods train ran over them near Rajhara station in Palamau district under Dhanbad division of East Central Railway on Monday, Government Railway Police sources said.
The victims Gorakh Bhuiyan and his nephew alongwith others were returning to Mahuachand village in Bisrampur block after attending an engagement ceremony in Pataria village in Patan block of the district.
They were waiting for a train when the duo got down on the track and tried to stop Barwadih to Dehri-on-Sone shuttle train, GRP sources said, adding that the duo came close to the other track where a running goods run over them.
The bodies have been recovered and sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday