Two killed in sleep by thunderbolt in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two persons were killed and another was injured when lightning struck their house in the wee hours on Tuesday at Baleha village in Latehar district.
Budhan Bhuyan, 35, and his two-year-old son died instantly while his six-year-old daughter suffered burns when the thunderbolt struck their house, the police said.
Block Development Officer Pratap Toppo said the administration had given Rs 3000 to the relatives of the deceased as compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them