Two killed in sleep by thunderbolt in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two persons were killed and another was injured when lightning struck their house in the wee hours on Tuesday at Baleha village in Latehar district.
Budhan Bhuyan, 35, and his two-year-old son died instantly while his six-year-old daughter suffered burns when the thunderbolt struck their house, the police said.
Block Development Officer Pratap Toppo said the administration had given Rs 3000 to the relatives of the deceased as compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown