Two killed in sleep by thunderbolt in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two persons were killed and another was injured when lightning struck their house in the wee hours on Tuesday at Baleha village in Latehar district.
Budhan Bhuyan, 35, and his two-year-old son died instantly while his six-year-old daughter suffered burns when the thunderbolt struck their house, the police said.
Block Development Officer Pratap Toppo said the administration had given Rs 3000 to the relatives of the deceased as compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir