Two landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two landmines and explosives were recovered from Jharkhand`s Ramgarah district on Saturday, police said.
Police said a team, acting on a tip-off, raided a house in Ramgarh district and recovered two landmines weighing 10 kg and three kg. Police also recovered 10 detonators and some gelatin sticks from the house.
No one was arrested; the owner of the house is absconding.
Police suspect that the landmines and detonators were to be supplied to Maoists.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information