Two landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two landmines and explosives were recovered from Jharkhand`s Ramgarah district on Saturday, police said.
Police said a team, acting on a tip-off, raided a house in Ramgarh district and recovered two landmines weighing 10 kg and three kg. Police also recovered 10 detonators and some gelatin sticks from the house.
No one was arrested; the owner of the house is absconding.
Police suspect that the landmines and detonators were to be supplied to Maoists.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave