Two landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two landmines and explosives were recovered from Jharkhand`s Ramgarah district on Saturday, police said.
Police said a team, acting on a tip-off, raided a house in Ramgarh district and recovered two landmines weighing 10 kg and three kg. Police also recovered 10 detonators and some gelatin sticks from the house.
No one was arrested; the owner of the house is absconding.
Police suspect that the landmines and detonators were to be supplied to Maoists.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok