Two landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two landmines and explosives were recovered from Jharkhand`s Ramgarah district on Saturday, police said.
Police said a team, acting on a tip-off, raided a house in Ramgarh district and recovered two landmines weighing 10 kg and three kg. Police also recovered 10 detonators and some gelatin sticks from the house.
No one was arrested; the owner of the house is absconding.
Police suspect that the landmines and detonators were to be supplied to Maoists.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation