Two landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two landmines and explosives were recovered from Jharkhand`s Ramgarah district on Saturday, police said.
Police said a team, acting on a tip-off, raided a house in Ramgarh district and recovered two landmines weighing 10 kg and three kg. Police also recovered 10 detonators and some gelatin sticks from the house.
No one was arrested; the owner of the house is absconding.
Police suspect that the landmines and detonators were to be supplied to Maoists.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what