Two Maoists arrested in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two Maoists, who were allegedly involved in Monday`s encounter that killed ten security men and four villagers in Latehar district, have been arrested, police said on Friday.
Harinath Singh and Dinesh Singh were nabbed yesterday under Latehar police station, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters here.
The two rebels had been involved in laying landmines around Amuatikar area where the encounter took place, he said.
They were also wanted in connection with several cases, including the attack on the convoy of former Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari in December 2011, the SP said.
Both of them were members of the firing squad led by Maoist Nakul Yadav and Balram Kherwar, he said.
Ten security personnel and four villagers had been killed in the encounter between the security forces and the Maoists and 15 others suffered injury on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information