Two Maoists arrested in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two Maoists, who were allegedly involved in Monday`s encounter that killed ten security men and four villagers in Latehar district, have been arrested, police said on Friday.
Harinath Singh and Dinesh Singh were nabbed yesterday under Latehar police station, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters here.
The two rebels had been involved in laying landmines around Amuatikar area where the encounter took place, he said.
They were also wanted in connection with several cases, including the attack on the convoy of former Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari in December 2011, the SP said.
Both of them were members of the firing squad led by Maoist Nakul Yadav and Balram Kherwar, he said.
Ten security personnel and four villagers had been killed in the encounter between the security forces and the Maoists and 15 others suffered injury on Monday.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9