Two Maoists arrested in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two Maoists, who were allegedly involved in Monday`s encounter that killed ten security men and four villagers in Latehar district, have been arrested, police said on Friday.
Harinath Singh and Dinesh Singh were nabbed yesterday under Latehar police station, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters here.
The two rebels had been involved in laying landmines around Amuatikar area where the encounter took place, he said.
They were also wanted in connection with several cases, including the attack on the convoy of former Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari in December 2011, the SP said.
Both of them were members of the firing squad led by Maoist Nakul Yadav and Balram Kherwar, he said.
Ten security personnel and four villagers had been killed in the encounter between the security forces and the Maoists and 15 others suffered injury on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says