Two Maoists arrested in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two Maoists, who were allegedly involved in Monday`s encounter that killed ten security men and four villagers in Latehar district, have been arrested, police said on Friday.
Harinath Singh and Dinesh Singh were nabbed yesterday under Latehar police station, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters here.
The two rebels had been involved in laying landmines around Amuatikar area where the encounter took place, he said.
They were also wanted in connection with several cases, including the attack on the convoy of former Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari in December 2011, the SP said.
Both of them were members of the firing squad led by Maoist Nakul Yadav and Balram Kherwar, he said.
Ten security personnel and four villagers had been killed in the encounter between the security forces and the Maoists and 15 others suffered injury on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday