Two Maoists get life term for ambushing police party
Ranchi: A special court Saturday awarded life imprisonment to two Maoists who had ambushed a police vehicle, killing 13 policemen and four civilians on December 19, 2002 in West Singhbhum district`s Bitkilsoy village.
Convicting Maoists William Marandi and Sahadeo Mahto, the special POTA court of S H Kazmi imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on each of them.
The duo, who was convicted under POTA and other IPC 302 (Murder), had been involved in the deadly ambush just two years after creation of Jharkhand.
On December 19, 2002, seventeen people were killed in an IED explosion by the Maoists when they were returning from Bitkilsoy village in Manoharpur area of West Singhbhum district after taking into custody the body of one Jeevan Masihi Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Zardari urges US to support sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan
- Gulbarga ragging case: 3 arrested, 2 sent to 14-day judicial custody