Two Maoists get life term for ambushing police party
Ranchi: A special court Saturday awarded life imprisonment to two Maoists who had ambushed a police vehicle, killing 13 policemen and four civilians on December 19, 2002 in West Singhbhum district`s Bitkilsoy village.
Convicting Maoists William Marandi and Sahadeo Mahto, the special POTA court of S H Kazmi imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on each of them.
The duo, who was convicted under POTA and other IPC 302 (Murder), had been involved in the deadly ambush just two years after creation of Jharkhand.
On December 19, 2002, seventeen people were killed in an IED explosion by the Maoists when they were returning from Bitkilsoy village in Manoharpur area of West Singhbhum district after taking into custody the body of one Jeevan Masihi Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price