Two Maoists get life term for ambushing police party
Ranchi: A special court Saturday awarded life imprisonment to two Maoists who had ambushed a police vehicle, killing 13 policemen and four civilians on December 19, 2002 in West Singhbhum district`s Bitkilsoy village.
Convicting Maoists William Marandi and Sahadeo Mahto, the special POTA court of S H Kazmi imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on each of them.
The duo, who was convicted under POTA and other IPC 302 (Murder), had been involved in the deadly ambush just two years after creation of Jharkhand.
On December 19, 2002, seventeen people were killed in an IED explosion by the Maoists when they were returning from Bitkilsoy village in Manoharpur area of West Singhbhum district after taking into custody the body of one Jeevan Masihi Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog