Two Maoists held for Pakur SP murder
Dumka: Two CPI (Maoists) activists, allegedly involved in the killing of Pakur SP Amarjit Balihar, were arrested from Kathikund Police Station area of Dumka district, police said on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted a raid and arrested the duo with similar name Manvel Murmu (29 and 25 years), SP AK Srivastav said.
While 29-year-old Murmu was a resident of Choudhar, the other Murmu hailed from Gandhar, both under Kathikund police station area, he said.
Both the Maoists, who were sent to jail, were involved in the killing of Balihar and four others in Pakur district in July last year, he alleged.
Balihar, a 2003-batch IPS Officer, his driver and three security guards had been killed in a Naxal-ambush July last year when they were returning to Pakur, after attending a meeting in Dumka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?