Two Maoists killed in encounter: SP
Jamshedpur: At least two Maoists were killed and three jawans got injured in an encounter between the ultras and the security forces in a forest in Seraikela-Kharswan district in Jharkhand, police said on Tuesday.
Earlier police had said one Maoist was killed and two jawans were injured in the encounter yesterday.
"At least two Maoists were killed while three jawans suffered injury in the encounter that lasted over one and half hour," Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
"We have recovered one body, while we saw the Maoists carrying away another during the encounter," he said.
"I cannot rule out the possibility of more casualty of the Maoists", he said.
“The injured jawans of COBRA battalion were admitted to hospital from where one was released this morning,” he said.
A massive combing operation was on for the second day today in the forest between Kalerango and Chatnibeda villages of the district to track down the rebels, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal