Two Maoists killed in encounter: SP
Jamshedpur: At least two Maoists were killed and three jawans got injured in an encounter between the ultras and the security forces in a forest in Seraikela-Kharswan district in Jharkhand, police said on Tuesday.
Earlier police had said one Maoist was killed and two jawans were injured in the encounter yesterday.
"At least two Maoists were killed while three jawans suffered injury in the encounter that lasted over one and half hour," Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said.
"We have recovered one body, while we saw the Maoists carrying away another during the encounter," he said.
"I cannot rule out the possibility of more casualty of the Maoists", he said.
“The injured jawans of COBRA battalion were admitted to hospital from where one was released this morning,” he said.
A massive combing operation was on for the second day today in the forest between Kalerango and Chatnibeda villages of the district to track down the rebels, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!