Two Maoists killed in turf war in Chatra
Ranchi: Two Maoists were killed in a gun battle with rival faction Trititya Prastuti Committee (TPC) in the forest of Jharkhand`s Chatra district, about 200 km from here, police said today.
Bodies of the two self-styled commanders of the outfit were recovered from the jungles of Chatra`s Pratapur block this morning, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said.
Maoist `Sub-zonal Commander` Niraj Yadav and `Area Commander` Baleshwar Yadav were killed by TPC cadres last night, he said.
Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said the two were wanted in connection with several cases like murder, abduction and extortion.
Police have launched search operation to ascertain whether there were any more casualties following the turf war between the CPI (Maoist) and its splinter group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video