Two Maoists killed in turf war in Chatra
Ranchi: Two Maoists were killed in a gun battle with rival faction Trititya Prastuti Committee (TPC) in the forest of Jharkhand`s Chatra district, about 200 km from here, police said today.
Bodies of the two self-styled commanders of the outfit were recovered from the jungles of Chatra`s Pratapur block this morning, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said.
Maoist `Sub-zonal Commander` Niraj Yadav and `Area Commander` Baleshwar Yadav were killed by TPC cadres last night, he said.
Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said the two were wanted in connection with several cases like murder, abduction and extortion.
Police have launched search operation to ascertain whether there were any more casualties following the turf war between the CPI (Maoist) and its splinter group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda