Two Maoists killed in turf war in Chatra
Ranchi: Two Maoists were killed in a gun battle with rival faction Trititya Prastuti Committee (TPC) in the forest of Jharkhand`s Chatra district, about 200 km from here, police said today.
Bodies of the two self-styled commanders of the outfit were recovered from the jungles of Chatra`s Pratapur block this morning, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said.
Maoist `Sub-zonal Commander` Niraj Yadav and `Area Commander` Baleshwar Yadav were killed by TPC cadres last night, he said.
Chatra Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said the two were wanted in connection with several cases like murder, abduction and extortion.
Police have launched search operation to ascertain whether there were any more casualties following the turf war between the CPI (Maoist) and its splinter group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars