Two Maoists lynched in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two Maoists were lynched by angry villagers in Jharkhand`s Latehar district, police said Friday.
According to the police, five Maoist rebels went to Jalim village of Latehar district late Thursday night and demanded money from the villagers.
The rebels also roughed up some people, which angered the villagers. The villagers started pelting stones and beating them with sticks and iron rods.
Three of the five rebels managed to escape while the remaining two were lynched.
Police reached the village Friday morning and the bodies have been sent for postmortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming