Two Maoists shot at, explosives recovered
Khunti (Jharkhand): Two Maoists were on Sunday
shot at in an encounter between the ultras and security forces
in Khunti district, police said here.
The ultras were today hit by bullets during the gunbattle
which began during a search operation at Gamahria under Adki
police station area, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik
told reporters, adding that as per their information one of
the injured Maoists might have died.
The two ultras were, however, taken away by their
About hundred bullets were exchanged in the one-hour
gunbattle, he said, adding an IED weighing about 50 kg was
later recovered from under a culvert.
Meanwhile, during continued search operations by the CRPF
and the district police since yesterday, a 50 kg bomb, 105
pieces of detonators, 30 kg of potassium nitrate, 10 kg mixed
explosive powder were recovered.
One suspected Naxalite, Soma Alias Marshal, was also
nabbed during the search operation yesterday, the police
The security personnel have stepped up search operations
in the backdrop of the on-going panchayat polls in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row