Two Maoists shot at, explosives recovered
Khunti (Jharkhand): Two Maoists were on Sunday
shot at in an encounter between the ultras and security forces
in Khunti district, police said here.
The ultras were today hit by bullets during the gunbattle
which began during a search operation at Gamahria under Adki
police station area, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik
told reporters, adding that as per their information one of
the injured Maoists might have died.
The two ultras were, however, taken away by their
About hundred bullets were exchanged in the one-hour
gunbattle, he said, adding an IED weighing about 50 kg was
later recovered from under a culvert.
Meanwhile, during continued search operations by the CRPF
and the district police since yesterday, a 50 kg bomb, 105
pieces of detonators, 30 kg of potassium nitrate, 10 kg mixed
explosive powder were recovered.
One suspected Naxalite, Soma Alias Marshal, was also
nabbed during the search operation yesterday, the police
The security personnel have stepped up search operations
in the backdrop of the on-going panchayat polls in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you