Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand
Giridih: Two hardcore CPI (Maoist), including a woman, surrendered with arms in Naxal-hit Giridih district on Thursday.
A sub-zonal commander Prakash Rana, alias Samardeep, and Anjali Hembram surrendered before the IG (Bokaro) Manoj Mishra and Giridih Police Superintendent AB Homkar with a pistol and a rifle, police said.
The surrendered Maoists also handed over Rs 10 lakhs collected as "levy".
While Rana was a resident of Chandmundi police station in Jamui district of Bihar, Hembram hailed from Tilaya under Giridih district.
Rana, who was involved in recent blowing up a police jeep in Jamui, was wanted in connection with nine cases in Jharkhand and Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report