Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand
Giridih: Two hardcore CPI (Maoist), including a woman, surrendered with arms in Naxal-hit Giridih district on Thursday.
A sub-zonal commander Prakash Rana, alias Samardeep, and Anjali Hembram surrendered before the IG (Bokaro) Manoj Mishra and Giridih Police Superintendent AB Homkar with a pistol and a rifle, police said.
The surrendered Maoists also handed over Rs 10 lakhs collected as "levy".
While Rana was a resident of Chandmundi police station in Jamui district of Bihar, Hembram hailed from Tilaya under Giridih district.
Rana, who was involved in recent blowing up a police jeep in Jamui, was wanted in connection with nine cases in Jharkhand and Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31