Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand
Giridih: Two hardcore CPI (Maoist), including a woman, surrendered with arms in Naxal-hit Giridih district on Thursday.
A sub-zonal commander Prakash Rana, alias Samardeep, and Anjali Hembram surrendered before the IG (Bokaro) Manoj Mishra and Giridih Police Superintendent AB Homkar with a pistol and a rifle, police said.
The surrendered Maoists also handed over Rs 10 lakhs collected as "levy".
While Rana was a resident of Chandmundi police station in Jamui district of Bihar, Hembram hailed from Tilaya under Giridih district.
Rana, who was involved in recent blowing up a police jeep in Jamui, was wanted in connection with nine cases in Jharkhand and Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport