Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand
Giridih: Two hardcore CPI (Maoist), including a woman, surrendered with arms in Naxal-hit Giridih district on Thursday.
A sub-zonal commander Prakash Rana, alias Samardeep, and Anjali Hembram surrendered before the IG (Bokaro) Manoj Mishra and Giridih Police Superintendent AB Homkar with a pistol and a rifle, police said.
The surrendered Maoists also handed over Rs 10 lakhs collected as "levy".
While Rana was a resident of Chandmundi police station in Jamui district of Bihar, Hembram hailed from Tilaya under Giridih district.
Rana, who was involved in recent blowing up a police jeep in Jamui, was wanted in connection with nine cases in Jharkhand and Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details