Two Naxalites arrested in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Two Naxalites
belonging to the banned Jharkhand Sanyukta Jan Morcha, a
breakaway faction of CPI (Maoists), were arrested during a
raid in the forests of Katkumsandi of Hazaribagh district in
Jharkhand, the police said on Wednesday.
"Shyamlal Ganjhu and Etwa Ganjhu of Pathalgada from
nearby Simaria were arrested last night during a raid,"
Superintendent of Police Hazaribagh Pankaj Kamboj told newsmen
The police seized two pistols and 10 live cartridges
and some documents from them, he said.
They were behind the abduction of railway officials
and other contractors, Kamboj said.
The accused had confessed to have kidnapping the
inebriation Lawand from Nityanand bus stop on June 28 late
night and drove him an isolated location in an auto rickshaw,
Subsequently, the duo robbed the victim of cash, gold
ornaments and two mobiles, Roy said adding the duo escaped in
the rickshaw leaving Lawand behind.
The drunken victim was found dead the next day as a truck
was run over him, police said.
The accused were booked under the IPC sections 365
(abducting with intent secretly and wrongfully to confine
person), 392 (robbery) and 34 (acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention), police added.
The accused have at least 10 cases registered against
them in various police stations in suburban Chembur,
Ghatkopar, Vikhroli and Bhandup, police said adding further
probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan