Two powerful landmines seized by security forces from Jharkhand
Khunti: Two powerful landmines were recovered and a PLFI training camp destroyed following an encounter between the security personnel and ultra outfit People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Jilingburu jungle of naxal-hit Khunti district, police said on Monday.
Acting on an information that the PLFI supremo Dinesh Gope was training the new recruits in the jungle, Khunti Police Superintendent M Tamilvanan directed the security personnel comprising para-military and district armed police force to conduct raid in the jungle, police said.
As the security personnel were heading towards the spot, the PLFI activists started firing, forcing them to retaliate, sources said, adding that while the security personnel fired 15 rounds, the ultras fired 35 rounds before making a hasty retreat.
A PLFI training camp was also smashed by the forces in the process.
For the first time, the security personnel have recovered two 35 kgs of landmines from PLFI, sources claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India