Two powerful landmines seized by security forces from Jharkhand
Khunti: Two powerful landmines were recovered and a PLFI training camp destroyed following an encounter between the security personnel and ultra outfit People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Jilingburu jungle of naxal-hit Khunti district, police said on Monday.
Acting on an information that the PLFI supremo Dinesh Gope was training the new recruits in the jungle, Khunti Police Superintendent M Tamilvanan directed the security personnel comprising para-military and district armed police force to conduct raid in the jungle, police said.
As the security personnel were heading towards the spot, the PLFI activists started firing, forcing them to retaliate, sources said, adding that while the security personnel fired 15 rounds, the ultras fired 35 rounds before making a hasty retreat.
A PLFI training camp was also smashed by the forces in the process.
For the first time, the security personnel have recovered two 35 kgs of landmines from PLFI, sources claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- India to get over $1 billion from World Bank for Modi's solar goals
- Boko Haram suicide bomber kills 11 at mosque in Cameroon
- EC seeks details from Delhi govt on facilities to 21 AAP MLAs
- We will get to learn a lot from Anil Kumble, says 'fan' Murali Vijay
- Iraq says 260 IS vehicles destroyed in Fallujah flight