Two shot dead by Maoists
Jamshedpur: Two persons working for the
Maoists were on Friday shot dead by the rebels after they
allegedly misappropriated levy money collected by them in
Naxal-hit West Singhbum district.
A police team, which rushed to Panchpahiya village, about
110 km from here, and recovered the bodies, has identified the
victims as Vijay Dhanwar and Mahavir Mahto, Superintendent of
Police Arun Kumar Singh said.
Singh said the victims were working for the ultra outfit
and engaged in levy collection for the outfit.
The duo allegedly misappropriated the levy money, leading
to the incident, he said, adding Dhanwar and Mahto were picked
by a group of Maoists from Lailore village and shot dead about
5 km away near Panchpahiya in the wee hours.
However, the Maoists left some leaflets on the spot
claiming that the duo were killed for being police informers,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress