Two suspected Naxalites arrested in Jharkhand
Dhanbad/Gumla (Jharkhand): Two suspected
Naxalites were arrested Tuesday in different districts of
A suspected Naxalite was caught during a routine check
in Sadar police station in Dhanbad. Police recovered a note
from his possession which `boycott panchayat elections`.
The police were interrogating him to find out which
extremist group he belonged to.
The polling to rural bodies begins on November 27 and
will be held in five phases.
Another suspected activist of People`s Liberation
Front of India was caught at a place in Gumla`s Ghargra police
station, Gumla district police chief N K Singh told reporters
He said the Naxalite was identified as Lalit Oraon and
`confessed` that he belonged to the banned PLFI outfit.
A country-made double-barrel gun was seized from him,
Six Naxalites have been arrested in Gumla this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...