Two suspected Naxalites arrested in Jharkhand
Dhanbad/Gumla (Jharkhand): Two suspected
Naxalites were arrested Tuesday in different districts of
A suspected Naxalite was caught during a routine check
in Sadar police station in Dhanbad. Police recovered a note
from his possession which `boycott panchayat elections`.
The police were interrogating him to find out which
extremist group he belonged to.
The polling to rural bodies begins on November 27 and
will be held in five phases.
Another suspected activist of People`s Liberation
Front of India was caught at a place in Gumla`s Ghargra police
station, Gumla district police chief N K Singh told reporters
He said the Naxalite was identified as Lalit Oraon and
`confessed` that he belonged to the banned PLFI outfit.
A country-made double-barrel gun was seized from him,
Six Naxalites have been arrested in Gumla this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez