Two to get life imprisonment for rape and murder of woman in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A court here on Tuesday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for gang-raping and murdering a woman in 2010.
The First Additional District Judge Satyaprakash Sinha, who convicted Lal Bahadur Singh and Vijay Chauhan on October 3, also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them. If the convicts fail to pay the fine, they will have to serve one year additional rigorous imprisonment.
The duo were sentenced under Sections 376 (2)(g) (gang-rape), 302 (murder) and 377 (unnatural sex) of the IPC.
Besides, the convicts were also sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment under Section 201 IPC for concealing the evidences and ordered to pay Rs 10,000 each as fine. They will have to serve one year additional imprisonment if they fail to pay the fine.
All the sentences will run concurrently.
According to the FIR lodged in the case with the MGM police station here on December 26 2010, the woman, a resident of Potka block, was lured by the two convicts from Dimna Chowk and gangraped in a stationary truck.
After gang-raping her, the convicts murdered her and dumped the body in a bush in Bhillaipahari on National Highway 33 and escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India