Two to get life imprisonment for rape and murder of woman in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A court here on Tuesday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for gang-raping and murdering a woman in 2010.
The First Additional District Judge Satyaprakash Sinha, who convicted Lal Bahadur Singh and Vijay Chauhan on October 3, also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them. If the convicts fail to pay the fine, they will have to serve one year additional rigorous imprisonment.
The duo were sentenced under Sections 376 (2)(g) (gang-rape), 302 (murder) and 377 (unnatural sex) of the IPC.
Besides, the convicts were also sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment under Section 201 IPC for concealing the evidences and ordered to pay Rs 10,000 each as fine. They will have to serve one year additional imprisonment if they fail to pay the fine.
All the sentences will run concurrently.
According to the FIR lodged in the case with the MGM police station here on December 26 2010, the woman, a resident of Potka block, was lured by the two convicts from Dimna Chowk and gangraped in a stationary truck.
After gang-raping her, the convicts murdered her and dumped the body in a bush in Bhillaipahari on National Highway 33 and escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand