Two to get life imprisonment for rape and murder of woman in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A court here on Tuesday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for gang-raping and murdering a woman in 2010.
The First Additional District Judge Satyaprakash Sinha, who convicted Lal Bahadur Singh and Vijay Chauhan on October 3, also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them. If the convicts fail to pay the fine, they will have to serve one year additional rigorous imprisonment.
The duo were sentenced under Sections 376 (2)(g) (gang-rape), 302 (murder) and 377 (unnatural sex) of the IPC.
Besides, the convicts were also sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment under Section 201 IPC for concealing the evidences and ordered to pay Rs 10,000 each as fine. They will have to serve one year additional imprisonment if they fail to pay the fine.
All the sentences will run concurrently.
According to the FIR lodged in the case with the MGM police station here on December 26 2010, the woman, a resident of Potka block, was lured by the two convicts from Dimna Chowk and gangraped in a stationary truck.
After gang-raping her, the convicts murdered her and dumped the body in a bush in Bhillaipahari on National Highway 33 and escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal