Two women tonsured in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two women were tonsured and garlanded with shoes in a Jharkhand village after they resisted a molestation attempt, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred Wednesday at Dongalpara village under Gopalpur panchayat of Jamtara district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
The two women, who are related, were residing together. One is a widow and the other is separated from her husband.
According to police, four youths forcibly entered their house and misbehaved with them. When they resisted, they were tonsured and garlanded with shoes.
Police have registered a complaint against four people but no arrests have been made as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31