Two women tonsured in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two women were tonsured and garlanded with shoes in a Jharkhand village after they resisted a molestation attempt, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred Wednesday at Dongalpara village under Gopalpur panchayat of Jamtara district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
The two women, who are related, were residing together. One is a widow and the other is separated from her husband.
According to police, four youths forcibly entered their house and misbehaved with them. When they resisted, they were tonsured and garlanded with shoes.
Police have registered a complaint against four people but no arrests have been made as yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!