Two women tonsured in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two women were tonsured and garlanded with shoes in a Jharkhand village after they resisted a molestation attempt, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred Wednesday at Dongalpara village under Gopalpur panchayat of Jamtara district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
The two women, who are related, were residing together. One is a widow and the other is separated from her husband.
According to police, four youths forcibly entered their house and misbehaved with them. When they resisted, they were tonsured and garlanded with shoes.
Police have registered a complaint against four people but no arrests have been made as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations