US-made explosives seized in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Police on Friday caught two persons and seized explosives of US make from a jungle under Nagar Utari police station here.
Acting on a tip-off that some persons were arriving in the area to sell some explosive of foreign make, a police team laid a trap and went to the spot as purchaser, Superintendent of Police S Michael Raj said.
No sooner the accused person produced a bag containing one kg of the explosive, police seized it immediately and arrested two persons - Ramvilas Oraon and Doman Ram, he said.
Four other accused, however, managed to escape, he said, adding the bag contained the explosive inscribed `Made in USA` and worth 25,000 dollar.
Close on the heels of recent Latehar incident, where police detected foreign made explosive implanted in the body of the dead security personnel, this was the second incident when the Jharkhand police seized explosive of foreign made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das