US-made explosives seized in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Police on Friday caught two persons and seized explosives of US make from a jungle under Nagar Utari police station here.
Acting on a tip-off that some persons were arriving in the area to sell some explosive of foreign make, a police team laid a trap and went to the spot as purchaser, Superintendent of Police S Michael Raj said.
No sooner the accused person produced a bag containing one kg of the explosive, police seized it immediately and arrested two persons - Ramvilas Oraon and Doman Ram, he said.
Four other accused, however, managed to escape, he said, adding the bag contained the explosive inscribed `Made in USA` and worth 25,000 dollar.
Close on the heels of recent Latehar incident, where police detected foreign made explosive implanted in the body of the dead security personnel, this was the second incident when the Jharkhand police seized explosive of foreign made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra