US-made explosives seized in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Police on Friday caught two persons and seized explosives of US make from a jungle under Nagar Utari police station here.
Acting on a tip-off that some persons were arriving in the area to sell some explosive of foreign make, a police team laid a trap and went to the spot as purchaser, Superintendent of Police S Michael Raj said.
No sooner the accused person produced a bag containing one kg of the explosive, police seized it immediately and arrested two persons - Ramvilas Oraon and Doman Ram, he said.
Four other accused, however, managed to escape, he said, adding the bag contained the explosive inscribed `Made in USA` and worth 25,000 dollar.
Close on the heels of recent Latehar incident, where police detected foreign made explosive implanted in the body of the dead security personnel, this was the second incident when the Jharkhand police seized explosive of foreign made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok