US-made explosives seized in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Police on Friday caught two persons and seized explosives of US make from a jungle under Nagar Utari police station here.
Acting on a tip-off that some persons were arriving in the area to sell some explosive of foreign make, a police team laid a trap and went to the spot as purchaser, Superintendent of Police S Michael Raj said.
No sooner the accused person produced a bag containing one kg of the explosive, police seized it immediately and arrested two persons - Ramvilas Oraon and Doman Ram, he said.
Four other accused, however, managed to escape, he said, adding the bag contained the explosive inscribed `Made in USA` and worth 25,000 dollar.
Close on the heels of recent Latehar incident, where police detected foreign made explosive implanted in the body of the dead security personnel, this was the second incident when the Jharkhand police seized explosive of foreign made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!