US-made grenade launchers found in Jharkhand
Ranchi: More than 50 US-made grenade launchers meant to be supplied to Maoists were recovered in Jharkhand, police said Wednesday. One person has been arrested.
"Some US-made grenade launchers have been recovered. We have arrested one person who has admitted that the grenade launchers were meant to be supplied to People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) (a Maoists group)," Jharkhand Director General of Police G.S. Rath told reporters.
The grenade launchers were recovered from a car in Ranchi late Tuesday. One person was arrested but the other managed to escape, said a police source.
Police suspect the grenade launchers were brought here from Kolkata.
On June 6, the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in a joint operation recovered four rocket launchers from Auria jungle of Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor