US-made grenade launchers found in Jharkhand
Ranchi: More than 50 US-made grenade launchers meant to be supplied to Maoists were recovered in Jharkhand, police said Wednesday. One person has been arrested.
"Some US-made grenade launchers have been recovered. We have arrested one person who has admitted that the grenade launchers were meant to be supplied to People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) (a Maoists group)," Jharkhand Director General of Police G.S. Rath told reporters.
The grenade launchers were recovered from a car in Ranchi late Tuesday. One person was arrested but the other managed to escape, said a police source.
Police suspect the grenade launchers were brought here from Kolkata.
On June 6, the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in a joint operation recovered four rocket launchers from Auria jungle of Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured