US-made grenade launchers found in Jharkhand
Ranchi: More than 50 US-made grenade launchers meant to be supplied to Maoists were recovered in Jharkhand, police said Wednesday. One person has been arrested.
"Some US-made grenade launchers have been recovered. We have arrested one person who has admitted that the grenade launchers were meant to be supplied to People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) (a Maoists group)," Jharkhand Director General of Police G.S. Rath told reporters.
The grenade launchers were recovered from a car in Ranchi late Tuesday. One person was arrested but the other managed to escape, said a police source.
Police suspect the grenade launchers were brought here from Kolkata.
On June 6, the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in a joint operation recovered four rocket launchers from Auria jungle of Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?