US-made grenade launchers found in Jharkhand
Ranchi: More than 50 US-made grenade launchers meant to be supplied to Maoists were recovered in Jharkhand, police said Wednesday. One person has been arrested.
"Some US-made grenade launchers have been recovered. We have arrested one person who has admitted that the grenade launchers were meant to be supplied to People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) (a Maoists group)," Jharkhand Director General of Police G.S. Rath told reporters.
The grenade launchers were recovered from a car in Ranchi late Tuesday. One person was arrested but the other managed to escape, said a police source.
Police suspect the grenade launchers were brought here from Kolkata.
On June 6, the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in a joint operation recovered four rocket launchers from Auria jungle of Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city