VAT on kerosene reduced; tobacco products to be costlier
Ranchi:The Jharkhand government has reduced value added tax (VAT) on kerosene from five per cent to two per cent, while the VAT on tobacco products has been increased from 14 per cent to 20 per cent, official sources said today.
The decisions were taken at the cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, yesterday.
The new rate for kerosene would be Rs 13.76 per litre from the current Rs 14.19, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview