VAT on kerosene reduced; tobacco products to be costlier
Ranchi:The Jharkhand government has reduced value added tax (VAT) on kerosene from five per cent to two per cent, while the VAT on tobacco products has been increased from 14 per cent to 20 per cent, official sources said today.
The decisions were taken at the cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, yesterday.
The new rate for kerosene would be Rs 13.76 per litre from the current Rs 14.19, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory