Veteran JMM leader Simon Marandi joins BJP
Ranchi: Three former ministers and an ex-MLA joined the BJP along with their followers here on Sunday.
JMM`s Simon Marandi, JDU`s Gopal Krishna Patar and Dulal Bhuyan of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) were embraced by former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda, ex-Assembly speaker C P Singh and several other BJP leaders at the party office, party`s state unit spokesman Pradip Sinha said in a press release.
"I am happy to join the BJP ... As Jharkhand cannot be developed by regional parties," Marandi, who recently announced that he was leaving JMM to join the BJP, said after joining the saffron party.
One of the early leaders of JMM, Marandi had quit the party earlier too to join the Congress before coming back to the Shibu Soren party.
He was recently sacked from the Hemant Soren Cabinet for reported dissent.
Former president of Janata Dal United`s Jharkhand unit and a minister in the erstwhile Arjun Munda government, Gopal Krishna Patar, known as Raja Peter, too joined BJP along with others.
"I have the experience working with the BJP during the (Arjun Munda-led) alliance government and the party can lead with its policies, principles and discipline," Patar, the sitting MLA from Tamar, said.
Dulal Bhuyan, ex-JMM leader and a minister in the erstwhile Shibu Soren government, quit Babulal Marandi`s Jharkhand Vikash Morcha (Prajatantrik) recently to join BJP.
"We have full faith in the leadership of the BJP," Bhuyan said.
Former MLA Gulshan Ajmani and former deputy mayor of Ranchi and JVM leader Ajay Nath Shah Deo also joined the saffron outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city