Vigilance court frames charges against Koda
Ranchi: A Vigilance Court on Wednesday framed charges against former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and his aide Binod Sinha for allegedly issuing illegal no-objection certificates to crusher owners when Koda was at the head of the UPA coalition in the state.
The charges were framed in the court of Avani Ranjan in connection with the case that had been lodged by the vigilance department alleging that the illegal issuance of certificates had fetched Rs 90 lakh and that Sinha had allegedly spent the amount in Koda`s Singhbhum Lok Sabha Constituency.
Now an MP, Koda was an independent MLA when he headed the UPA coalition between 2006 and 2008.
Both Koda and Sinha are in judicial custody in connection with money laundering and other cases.
While Koda was arrested by the vigilance sleuths at Chaibasa on November 30, 2009, Sinha was apprehended on September 16, 2010.
The special court of Enforcement Directorate had on September 25 this year framed charges against the two along with six others in money laundering case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory