Vigilance team nabs Rozgar sevak in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): The vigilance officials today arrested a Gram Rozgar Sevak (GRS) for allegedly accepting bribe from a person engaged in digging a well, sanctioned under government funds, at Chandrapura block of Bokaro district, a vigilance official said here.
A vigilance team headed by Deputy Superintendent of Police Anup Hembram caught the GRS, Rajesh Kumar Diwedi, while he was allegedly receiving Rs 1500 from Parmeshwar Mahato, who got the work worth Rs 1.58 lakh at Alargo village under the block, Hembram told reporters here.
The trap was laid after Mahato registered a complaint with the vigilance department charging Diwedi with demanding a cut on the first installment of Rs 31,000 released for the work, he added.
Gram Rogar Sevaks are appointed by the administration to oversee programmes taken up under funds allotted to the public representatives for development of their respective constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional