Vigilance team nabs Rozgar sevak in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): The vigilance officials today arrested a Gram Rozgar Sevak (GRS) for allegedly accepting bribe from a person engaged in digging a well, sanctioned under government funds, at Chandrapura block of Bokaro district, a vigilance official said here.
A vigilance team headed by Deputy Superintendent of Police Anup Hembram caught the GRS, Rajesh Kumar Diwedi, while he was allegedly receiving Rs 1500 from Parmeshwar Mahato, who got the work worth Rs 1.58 lakh at Alargo village under the block, Hembram told reporters here.
The trap was laid after Mahato registered a complaint with the vigilance department charging Diwedi with demanding a cut on the first installment of Rs 31,000 released for the work, he added.
Gram Rogar Sevaks are appointed by the administration to oversee programmes taken up under funds allotted to the public representatives for development of their respective constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch