Villager killed in encounter in Jharkhand
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A villager died of bullet injuries after being caught in a crossfire between Maoists and security forces in Bhalmara forest Monday.
"A villager identified as Dasrath Malhar was hit by a bullet during an encounter with the Maoists at Bhalmara 15-mile forest in Bokaro district," Superintendent of Police Kuldip Diwedi told reporters here.
The body has been recovered and sent for post mortem, he said.
The encounter took place during an anti-Maoist operation in the wake of the banned CPI(Maoist) observing "martyrdom week" to coincide with the death anniversary of Maoist leader Kishenji.
In protest against the villager?s death, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Jagannath Mahato and his supporters have put up road blockade on the Dumri-Phusro road, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi