Villager killed in encounter in Jharkhand
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A villager died of bullet injuries after being caught in a crossfire between Maoists and security forces in Bhalmara forest Monday.
"A villager identified as Dasrath Malhar was hit by a bullet during an encounter with the Maoists at Bhalmara 15-mile forest in Bokaro district," Superintendent of Police Kuldip Diwedi told reporters here.
The body has been recovered and sent for post mortem, he said.
The encounter took place during an anti-Maoist operation in the wake of the banned CPI(Maoist) observing "martyrdom week" to coincide with the death anniversary of Maoist leader Kishenji.
In protest against the villager?s death, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Jagannath Mahato and his supporters have put up road blockade on the Dumri-Phusro road, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city