Villager killed in encounter in Jharkhand
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A villager died of bullet injuries after being caught in a crossfire between Maoists and security forces in Bhalmara forest Monday.
"A villager identified as Dasrath Malhar was hit by a bullet during an encounter with the Maoists at Bhalmara 15-mile forest in Bokaro district," Superintendent of Police Kuldip Diwedi told reporters here.
The body has been recovered and sent for post mortem, he said.
The encounter took place during an anti-Maoist operation in the wake of the banned CPI(Maoist) observing "martyrdom week" to coincide with the death anniversary of Maoist leader Kishenji.
In protest against the villager?s death, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Jagannath Mahato and his supporters have put up road blockade on the Dumri-Phusro road, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie