Wanted Maoist arrested in Palamau
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A self-styled Maoist sub-zonal commander, wanted in connection with the abduction of Latehar Development Commissioner and two engineers, was on Tuesday arrested along with another person in Palamau district.
Following a tip-off that the Maoist ultra, Satendra Paswan, had taken shelter at the residence of one Sahendra Yadav at Polpol village of the district, a team of CRPF and district police surrounded the house and captured him, Additional Superintendent of Police Ronald J Hansda said.
A loaded country-made pistol was seized from him.
"Paswan was wanted in the abduction case of Latehar district development commissioner and two engineers in March last year. They were let off after three days of captivity," the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing