Wanted Maoist arrested in Palamau
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A self-styled Maoist sub-zonal commander, wanted in connection with the abduction of Latehar Development Commissioner and two engineers, was on Tuesday arrested along with another person in Palamau district.
Following a tip-off that the Maoist ultra, Satendra Paswan, had taken shelter at the residence of one Sahendra Yadav at Polpol village of the district, a team of CRPF and district police surrounded the house and captured him, Additional Superintendent of Police Ronald J Hansda said.
A loaded country-made pistol was seized from him.
"Paswan was wanted in the abduction case of Latehar district development commissioner and two engineers in March last year. They were let off after three days of captivity," the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video