Wanted Maoist held in Bokaro
Bokaro: A Maoist, named as a
key accused in the murder of a CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA and
carrying a reward of Rs two lakh on his head, was arrested in
A senior police officer said the Maoist, identified as
Ramesh Mandal alias Satna Das and key accused in the killing
of CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Mahendra Prasad Singh, was arrested
yesterday from a place under Lalpania police station of the
Mandal had been in hiding at Bokaro for the last
three years and had over 12 Maoist-related criminal cases
pending against him.
Singh, who was a three-time MLA, had been shot dead
by suspected Maoists in January, 2005 while on a campaign tour
ahead of the first assembly elections that year after the
creation of Jharkhand from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals