Wanted PLFI ultra escapes after encounter
Khunti: An encounter took place between the police and activists of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in the Bhoot jungle of Khunti district after which an PLFI leader wanted by the police in many naxal-related incidents fled, police said on Wednesday.
"PLFI’s area commander Laka Pahan and his associates were in the Bhoot jungle when security forces traced them and an encounter took place yesterday," Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan told reporters here.
The ultras opened 30 rounds of gunfire while the police responded with 20 rounds before the proscribed extremists escaped, he said, adding the police followed their alleged porter to trace the spot.
The porter, identified as Ganpat Mahali, was arrested, he said and added no one was injured in the gun battle in the jungles, about 80 km from the state capital Ranchi.
A weapon, some cartridges and a bike were recovered from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday