Warrants against former Jharkhand minister, 9 others
Ranchi: A local court has issued warrants against a former state minister and 9 others in connection with the multi-crore rupees seed scam during the Madhu Koda government in 2007.
The vigilance bureau, which has been probing the matter, informed this to the Jharkhand High Court on Saturday.
The bureau informed the court that warrants were issued against the then agriculture minister Nalin Soren and other former officials including deputy director Rajesh Kumar Singh, Anjani Kumar Mishra, Arun Kumar, Piyush Kujoor, Anil Kumar, Dinesh Prasad, Aniruddh Kumar, Ajeshwar Prasad Singh and Bhavesh Thakur.
The next hearing of the case in the high court is scheduled for February 12.
Madhu Koda himself is currently under judicial custody since November 2009 in connection with a money-laundering case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'