Warrants against former Jharkhand minister, 9 others
Ranchi: A local court has issued warrants against a former state minister and 9 others in connection with the multi-crore rupees seed scam during the Madhu Koda government in 2007.
The vigilance bureau, which has been probing the matter, informed this to the Jharkhand High Court on Saturday.
The bureau informed the court that warrants were issued against the then agriculture minister Nalin Soren and other former officials including deputy director Rajesh Kumar Singh, Anjani Kumar Mishra, Arun Kumar, Piyush Kujoor, Anil Kumar, Dinesh Prasad, Aniruddh Kumar, Ajeshwar Prasad Singh and Bhavesh Thakur.
The next hearing of the case in the high court is scheduled for February 12.
Madhu Koda himself is currently under judicial custody since November 2009 in connection with a money-laundering case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?