We object nomination of any agency for any project: JVM
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) on Wednesday demanded that the state government should
go for open tenders in laying transmission lines instead of
`nominating` the Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL)
as consultant to take up the important project.
"I admit that PGCIL specialises in laying transmission
lines. But there are other specialists in the country too. It
will be fair enough to float open bids to allot the work," the
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric`s) Principal General
Secretary, Pradip Yadav said.
"It surprises us about the Arjun Munda government`s
keenness to lay transmission lines when the requirement of the
state is production of energy," Yadav, a former minister,
Drawing the reported objection by JMM leader Deputy
Chief Minister Hemant Soren against nominating PGCIL without
inviting tenders, Yadav warned that the party would knock the
doors of the court if the government went ahead with its
decision to `nominate` the agency overlooking to offer bids.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda in the recently concluded
budget session of the assembly said PGCIL was a Central
government agency and work would be "transparent".
Dismissing Munda`s claim of transparency in the laying
of transmission, RJD`s legislative party leader Annapurna Devi
said "according to rules, any big project should be invited
through tenders while nomination of any agency will only raise
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH