We object nomination of any agency for any project: JVM
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) on Wednesday demanded that the state government should
go for open tenders in laying transmission lines instead of
`nominating` the Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL)
as consultant to take up the important project.
"I admit that PGCIL specialises in laying transmission
lines. But there are other specialists in the country too. It
will be fair enough to float open bids to allot the work," the
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric`s) Principal General
Secretary, Pradip Yadav said.
"It surprises us about the Arjun Munda government`s
keenness to lay transmission lines when the requirement of the
state is production of energy," Yadav, a former minister,
Drawing the reported objection by JMM leader Deputy
Chief Minister Hemant Soren against nominating PGCIL without
inviting tenders, Yadav warned that the party would knock the
doors of the court if the government went ahead with its
decision to `nominate` the agency overlooking to offer bids.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda in the recently concluded
budget session of the assembly said PGCIL was a Central
government agency and work would be "transparent".
Dismissing Munda`s claim of transparency in the laying
of transmission, RJD`s legislative party leader Annapurna Devi
said "according to rules, any big project should be invited
through tenders while nomination of any agency will only raise
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement