Why delay in executing arrest warrants against Koda aides: BJP
Ranchi: The BJP on Thursday sought to know whether
there was any conspiracy behind the delay in issuing arrest
warrants against two key aides of former Jharkhand Chief
Minister Madhu Koda by the Income Tax department in connection
with the money laundering case.
"The party and the people of Jharkhand would like an
explanation from the Centre as to why serving of arrest
warrants on Binod Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary, the aides of
Koda, took so much time," the BJP`s state unit president
Raghuvar Das told a press conference.
The I-T had yesterday served the orders after the duo
failed to meet the deadline even as the IT continued its
grilling of Koda in the Rs 2000 crore alleged hawala
transactions and illegal investments in Ranchi.
"Is it part of tactics to give a long rope to the accused
to meddle with evidence," asked Das, who was accompanied by
party leader and former Chief Minister Arjun Munda in the
Demanding a thorough probe from 2001, Das said that the
Congress could not escape responsibility.
"The UPA was both at the Centre and at the State (during
Koda`s term). Why was it silent then? Who had stopped them
from looking into the state government`s recommendations for
allotment of mines?" asked Das.
Munda said that he would cooperate with any investigating
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why