Why do police need Arjun Munda`s crime records, asks BJP
Ranchi: The BJP on Saturday demanded a high-level probe into the alleged police action seeking criminal records of former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda.
"We seek a high-level probe into the police action seeking criminal records of Arjun Munda through wireless messages. The move is to tarnish Munda`s image and target the BJP," state BJP president Dineshanand Goswami told a news agency.
BJP leader Saryu Rai alleged that at 8.45 pm on Friday police sent a wireless message seeking the criminal records of Munda.
Police said that the BJP was blowing the issue out of proportion for gaining political mileage.
"The issue is related to security of VVIPs. The Supreme Court has sought details of the security and we are collecting information on it," a police source told the agency.
"Leaders have been provided security. Why is police seeking Munda`s security details and criminal records through wireless messages?" BJP spokesperson Pradeep Sinha asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!