Why huts of poor are bulldozed? J’khand Speaker
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker CP
Singh on Friday asked the government why only the houses of the
poor are bulldozed but corporates are left untouched.
"There is a question mark (as to) why huts of the poor
are bulldozed while you (government) show generosity to the
big companies," Singh said in the House.
His poser in the assembly came when Deputy Chief
Minister Hemant Soren informed the house that notices were
served to stop coal mining at 36 units and work was almost
halted in nine other units in the coal-belt of Dhanbad, where
public and private sectors have their command areas.
Soren`s reply came when Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) MLA Dhulu Mahto and RJD legislator Janardhan
Paswan demanded complete halt of work in all the 69 coal
mining units as they had allegedly neither obtained a "no
objection certificate" nor a lease from the government.
Correcting the figure as 67 coal mining units, Soren
said twenty-two of them had secured stay orders from the court
while nine other units were almost closed and notices were
served against 36 other units.
When the MLAs alleged that these companies had
encroached upon the lands of the locals, the speaker suggested
a meeting to resolve the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah