Why huts of poor are bulldozed? J’khand Speaker
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker CP
Singh on Friday asked the government why only the houses of the
poor are bulldozed but corporates are left untouched.
"There is a question mark (as to) why huts of the poor
are bulldozed while you (government) show generosity to the
big companies," Singh said in the House.
His poser in the assembly came when Deputy Chief
Minister Hemant Soren informed the house that notices were
served to stop coal mining at 36 units and work was almost
halted in nine other units in the coal-belt of Dhanbad, where
public and private sectors have their command areas.
Soren`s reply came when Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) MLA Dhulu Mahto and RJD legislator Janardhan
Paswan demanded complete halt of work in all the 69 coal
mining units as they had allegedly neither obtained a "no
objection certificate" nor a lease from the government.
Correcting the figure as 67 coal mining units, Soren
said twenty-two of them had secured stay orders from the court
while nine other units were almost closed and notices were
served against 36 other units.
When the MLAs alleged that these companies had
encroached upon the lands of the locals, the speaker suggested
a meeting to resolve the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside