Wikileaks rocks Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Wikileaks expose that rocked
Parliament Thursday echoed in Jharkhand Assembly when former
state finance minister and BJP MLA Raghuvar Das demanded
resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The corruption issue rocked Parliament today
(following the Wikileaks cables). The Prime Minister is
sitting on the fountain of corruption which has tarnished the
image of our country," Das said while participating in the
budget debate for demand of grants for various demands in the
"When the Prime Minister himself is standing in the
docks, Congress does not have any right to accuse others of
corruption," Das said, referring to corruption charges raised
by the opposition during their speech in the house.
He had also raised the issue in the morning session,
sparking shouts by Congress MLAs before Speaker C P Singh
intervening to bring the house in order.
Das also accused the Centre of creating regional
imbalance by its alleged indiscrimination in allocation of
plans by the Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan