Wikileaks rocks Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Wikileaks expose that rocked
Parliament Thursday echoed in Jharkhand Assembly when former
state finance minister and BJP MLA Raghuvar Das demanded
resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The corruption issue rocked Parliament today
(following the Wikileaks cables). The Prime Minister is
sitting on the fountain of corruption which has tarnished the
image of our country," Das said while participating in the
budget debate for demand of grants for various demands in the
"When the Prime Minister himself is standing in the
docks, Congress does not have any right to accuse others of
corruption," Das said, referring to corruption charges raised
by the opposition during their speech in the house.
He had also raised the issue in the morning session,
sparking shouts by Congress MLAs before Speaker C P Singh
intervening to bring the house in order.
Das also accused the Centre of creating regional
imbalance by its alleged indiscrimination in allocation of
plans by the Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III