Wikileaks rocks Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Wikileaks expose that rocked
Parliament Thursday echoed in Jharkhand Assembly when former
state finance minister and BJP MLA Raghuvar Das demanded
resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The corruption issue rocked Parliament today
(following the Wikileaks cables). The Prime Minister is
sitting on the fountain of corruption which has tarnished the
image of our country," Das said while participating in the
budget debate for demand of grants for various demands in the
"When the Prime Minister himself is standing in the
docks, Congress does not have any right to accuse others of
corruption," Das said, referring to corruption charges raised
by the opposition during their speech in the house.
He had also raised the issue in the morning session,
sparking shouts by Congress MLAs before Speaker C P Singh
intervening to bring the house in order.
Das also accused the Centre of creating regional
imbalance by its alleged indiscrimination in allocation of
plans by the Planning Commission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents