Wikileaks rocks Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Wikileaks expose that rocked
Parliament Thursday echoed in Jharkhand Assembly when former
state finance minister and BJP MLA Raghuvar Das demanded
resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The corruption issue rocked Parliament today
(following the Wikileaks cables). The Prime Minister is
sitting on the fountain of corruption which has tarnished the
image of our country," Das said while participating in the
budget debate for demand of grants for various demands in the
"When the Prime Minister himself is standing in the
docks, Congress does not have any right to accuse others of
corruption," Das said, referring to corruption charges raised
by the opposition during their speech in the house.
He had also raised the issue in the morning session,
sparking shouts by Congress MLAs before Speaker C P Singh
intervening to bring the house in order.
Das also accused the Centre of creating regional
imbalance by its alleged indiscrimination in allocation of
plans by the Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family